Saturday 11 January 2014

Yet another new beginning

 Well, thank goodness I am not a cat or it could be over!  After a few weeks of darkness, I am emerging into blinding light. By the time I got to the end of my latest treatment, I was beset my multiple afflictions: crushing fatigue, itching and rash everywhere but hands, feet and face, and disabling hiccups.

I am now in New Zealand and am able to work all day again on my sister's organic orchard: harvesting, pruning, digging, sorting, packing, driving, eating and sleeping! It is joyous from dawn to dusk. I awake to deafening birdsong and cavort with hedgehogs as dusk descends. Yesterday, I set out en famille for a three day beach holiday at this typically horribly crowded New Zealand beach.



The weather is picture perfect. The sea is a resplendent aquamarine. We have a clear view of the active volcano on White Island spewing out its sulphurous fumes. The water is crystal clear and very inviting if it weren't for the cold temperature!


No comments:

Post a Comment