Thursday 2 October 2014

Hooray!

This is a wonderful day! I picked up the report on my abdominal MRI and learned that my cancer has not changed from June to October. This is the first time since the beginning of the journey that there are no signs of progression. The wayward growth is still for now. My body and the disease have agreed on a temporary truce. Things do not seem to be getting worse. I am very thankful for this bright window.

However, the work continues. I advocate every day for help. I travel to Philadelphia later this month to consult with Dr. Takami Sato again. Once I know what he recommends I do next, I will start to organize to move in that direction.

A trip out east also gives me the opportunity for a visit with my youngest brother and his family in Ontario and also to enjoy the extraordinary colour that marks the end of summer. We will have time, and leave sufficient flexibility in our travel plans, to move to where the colour is brightest!

But before we go, we celebrate Thanksgiving on October 13, thirty nine years to the day from my landing in Vancouver! I have always loved the weekend when I remember my good luck in arriving in such a beautiful part of the world in 1975! The food is fabulous and the company special! My son will be in town to run an incredible half marathon and I will be there to see him fly to the finish line!     Peace and love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the positive news, Nigel.
    It was a memorable Thanksgiving, finally getting to meet the man Louise had fallen in love with and married on the other side of the world.
    Pumpkin pie for dessert?

    ReplyDelete