Thursday 5 February 2015

I am in heaven

Don't be alarmed. The world is perfect as it is.

This weekend is the Chiang Mai Flower Festival. As winter loosens its tenuous grip on this beautiful place, I find myself in heaven. I do need to let you know there is a definite absence of vestal virgins so please spread the word to terrorists. Heaven is quite simply an orchid place.

This morning I attended a transformative yin yoga class given by an Irish yoga teacher. We will remember that in recent history an internecine war killed more than 3000 people there and yet a beautiful and passionate yoga teacher can emerge from there. At the end of class he asked us to connect with one other person and discuss conflict in one's life and how we might move to a happier place in difficult relationships. I chatted with another Irish yogi who confessed that his most difficult relationships were with his five siblings. After I listened carefully, I asked him to do his best to forget all that history and when he is with any of his siblings, just accept who they are, do not try to change them, and keep the meetings very short!

We only had a few moments but there was no need for me to talk of my own experience. I hate no one. I love everyone and everything. The world is perfect as it is. This is how we find it today. There is only this moment.  Peace and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment